Thursday, July 13, 2006

CMC Youth Retreat 2006

I just returned late Tuesday night from my first ever CMC Yoot Retreat. I'm not sure how many yoots there were... I'm pretty sure it is over 100. Several people, including me, from the college/career group went down as shapperones/helpers/slaves/etc. The retreat is a week long at Storr's Pond, Hanover, NH, but I was only able to do Monday and Tuesday because of work. But what a great time! I was pretty intimidated going into this because my familiarity with any of these kids was just about zero. I wasn't sure if any of them even had any idea who I am. My primary goal for going was to begin the process of remedying this problem. Well, I met lots of them (and it turns out many of them did have some idea who I am), had great conversations with many of them, and they didn't seem to think I was all that weird at all. Some other great highlights were driving down with Paul and riding back with Dave and having some great conversations with each. But I should be in bed and I think that's all I'll say for now. I have a few pictures which I'll post soon. Good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds fun - what is the CMC? lizie

Monday, August 27, 2007  
Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

Thanks for looking! CMC is my church in Williston, Vermont, Christ Memorial church. Glad you all are shining in the public schools, that's great!

Monday, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home